Well after having disastrous week it was welcoming to have a week of good fortune where nothing major went wrong only some small issues arouse that required only small changes.
The biggest issue was getting a melee weapon in and being able to use it in a 3rd person aspect, as a result of about 3 days attempting to get certain scripts working and watch a fair few tutorials I ended up giving and making a projectile weapon for my game instead which took the form of a Medieval Hand Cannon however I am sure people will wonder what a Medieval guy is do running around shooting what looks like a shotgun but none the less it had to be done if I wanted to have a weapon within UDK and working.
Apart from this everything thing else seemed to go smoothly and had no really issues I managed to get the lighting in my environment to work well especially a long side the fire which I wanted it to look like the fire was lighting up the room and you can kind of get this when you run past one of the torches on the wall and you only light up significantly when you go by and I was very happy with this result. This production was overwhelmingly assisted by this YouTube Channel.
Overall I was very happy with what I had managed to achieve in such a short time and with the amount of failures that had to overcome the previous week. As a result I had managed to leave myself with enough time to add some final touches to my 2D Game which I required some help with from a fellow student who is more confident in this field and was able to add that little extra to my work to distinguish it from what I had handed in for the interim.
Milestones:
Research and practise Rigging and Skin Weighting for 3DS MAX (On Going)Watch tutorials on XNA and begin working on the Basics for the 2D GameAdd screen bounds, scrolling background and enemy spawnsWeight characters (On Going)Start work on second CharacterBook out the motion capture and record animationsBook out motion capture to obtain the animationsCreate the environmentRender animationComplete 2D Game in the first week of the Holiday - sort out enemy spawning, add colission and add scoring system (On Going)Work on 3D Game - add characters in, environment and weaponAdd Ai and add fire
No comments:
Post a Comment