Over these past few weeks my 3D work has somewhat been put on hold because I've pretty much been focusing on this 2D Game so the only time I do any work on 3D is in the allotted time during the week where I pretty much do the same thing and that's trying to rig my character, my main issue is trying to get the hands and fingers into the correct position however I have yet to figure it out.
However the 2D Game has a slow and steady progress to it as I one of many on the course are not that confident and comfortable with coding even when watching a tutorial, but when I sit down and look at the code I can understand what it is doing. My main issues with it is actually remembering it to the point where I could repeat and write my own if it requires that little extra to make it work.
So far I have managed to get a menu, player with movement into the game by following tutorials from this YouTube channel.
However the only problem I have with this channel even though they are short clips and they get straight to the point, it's very hard to take certain videos and mix them with others and for the majority of the videos the guy is working to create a specific game where as I wanted to create something different.
my concept for the game was for it to just have you move up and down on the left hand side of the screen and shoot at the enemy as they spawn and have them shoot back at you. my aim with this assignment was to produce what ever it was I could and I didn't want to create anything overly complicated.
Milestones:
- Research and practise Rigging and Skin Weighting for 3DS MAX (On Going)
Watch tutorials on XNA and begin working on the Basics for the 2D Game- Add screen bounds, scrolling background and enemy spawns
No comments:
Post a Comment