So we've been back about a couple of weeks now and now it's time to really get the ball rolling as we have from now until after the Easter holidays we have to produce a 2D Game, Cut Scene and 3D Game. Now the 2D game doesn't essentially have to link to your game concept this assignment is to allow you to get to grips with using XNA and creating a small 2D Game. However I do intend to produce the 3D Game and Cut Scene around my game design and link them both together in order to use the models made for the Cut Scene into the 3D Game in order to make the process run a lot smoother.
In the two weeks that we have been back I have decided that I am going to switch from using the CryEngine to using the Unreal Engine as not only will it will give me experience in more Engines but not only that, our tutor has more experience in this Engine and can provide an invaluable insight into the ins and outs of the software.
Originally we we're going to be shown how to import a Character and then it went to a Weapon both melee and projectile but then again returned to the Character and you can get the a weapon in but it will have to be from your own resources. So from this point we're going to get master class in UDK. Because I have some previous experience with UDK from my time on the BTEC Course I felt like it would be good to use UDK. But as we are getting this Master class in UDK we must meet a interim deadline for the 2D game by the second week in February, this is to encourage us to get the game out the way as soon as possible in order to allow more time on the 3D game.
In terms of the Cut Scene we have been researching and practising Biped integration and this week we were introduced to the Skin Weighting, now I didn't have fond memories when it came to weighting from my time on the BTEC course so this wasn't an area I believed I was going to get to grips with any time soon.
Milestones:
- Research and practise Rigging and Skin Weighting for 3DS MAX
- Watch tutorials on XNA and begin working on the Basics for the 2D Game
No comments:
Post a Comment